May 11, 12, & 13, 2012 ($375, accommodation and all meals included!)
Back by popular demand – an Art of the Horse painting workshop with Joan Larson at Twincreeks!
Joan offers her years’ of professional expertise as one of the top equine artists in North America. Her most recent bodies of work include the “RCMP Musical Ride” and “Wild Horses of Sable Island.”
This is a 2.5 day, in-residence, workshop including live observation and sketching lessons as well as studio work. All levels of experience are welcome – everyone learns something. Joan will demo in pastel, however you are more than welcome to bring the painting medium of your choice since she is well versed in many mediums.
Itinerary: (Full itinerary upon request)
- Friday Evening: demo, snacks and “get to know each other”
- Saturday & Sunday: Full day painting with potential for evening ride.
Participants can expect:
- Demos each day
- Plenty of individual attention tailored to your specific concerns
- Hands on drawing from live subjects (using the guest ranch horses)
- Equine anatomy for artists
- Interpreting your photo reference and how to use it for painting
- Discussions about Composition & Design, Colour Theory, Colour Mixing, Contrast and other related issues
For info about bookings, horses, and location contact Deborah Flinn at 250-746-8769 or Email at email@example.com
For specific info about workshop & painting contact Joan Larson at 250-752-0395 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To see photos from last years workshop click here